This document is a legal agreement between LICENSEE and the Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry ("SIOC"). By accessing or otherwise using PDBbind-CN, LICENSEE agrees to be bound by the following terms:
1. SIOC has developed an integrated database of binding affinity data and structural models of biological complexes as well as an Internet delivery system, "PDBbind-CN", for use by trained individuals in applicable research fields.
A. SIOC has the full ownership of PDBbind-CN. SIOC may modify, add, or remove contents and functionality of PDBbind-CN at any time. No ownership rights of SIOC on PDBbind-CN are conferred upon LICENSEE by this agreement.
B. PDBbind-CN is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. SIOC does not warrant that the data and functions provided by in PDBbind-CN are complete, accurate or error-free which will meet LICENSEE'S requirements precisely.
C. LICENSEE agrees that SIOC has no obligation to provide to LICENSEE any maintenance, support, or update services. Should SIOC provide access to any revised versions of PDBbind-CN, LICENSEE agrees that this agreement shall apply to such revised versions.
2. SIOC grants to LICENSEE a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use PDBbind-CN solely to conduct research in LICENSEE's interests, subjected to the terms of this agreement. LICENSEE may not designate or permit any other individual to use LICENSEE's access to PDBbind-CN.
3. Except as expressly permitted by this agreement, no other use of PDBbind-CN is permitted, including, but not limited to: (i) use or access for the benefit of, on behalf of, or upon the request of any other party; (ii) reproduction, adaptations, preparation of derivative works, or distribution of copies of any portion of PDBbind-CN for any purpose; (iii) renting or loaning access to PDBbind-CN, passwords, or usernames; or (iv) reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or attempting to otherwise access any source codes of any application program. LICENSEE warrants that the contents of PDBbind-CN are for LICENSEE'S internal use, and may not be resold, republished, or otherwise distributed to any third party in any form.
4. Notwithstanding the above limitations on the license, LICENSEE may publish and otherwise publicly disclose the research that he/she conducts with the use of PDBbind-CN. LICENSEE shall cite the usage of PDBbind-CN in any resulting publication by taking appropriate references to PDBbind-CN.
5. If LICENSEE at any time fails to abide by the terms of this agreement, SIOC shall have the right to immediately terminate the license granted herein, terminate LICENSEE's access to PDBbind-CN, and pursue any other legal or equitable remedies available.
6. This agreement represents the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between SIOC and LICENSEE, and supersedes all prior agreements, proposals, representations and other communications, verbal or written, between them with respect to access and use of PDBbind-CN. This agreement may be modified only with a mutual written approval of authorized representatives of both parties.
Latest Update 11/01/2013.